Welcome to the official site for the VRTO Meetup – Virtual Reality, Toronto.
VRTO is an event producer and productivity-oriented think tank, meetup and discovery group for innovators, developers, inventors, storytellers, content producers, entrepreneurs, hackers, modders, programmers, pioneers, ontologists and adventurers in virtual, augmented and blended reality technologies, content and their development.
We are also a consultancy, content producer and offer a wide variety of services from VR equipment rentals to human resources and networking opportunities. Contact us to learn more. Download the list of services (PDF).
Join VRTO’s Meetup Group Now:
Created in April of 2015 by founder Keram Malicki-Sanchez, the meetup has quickly grown into a variety of initiatives, community outreach, networks, festivals and conferences including the FIVARS VR/AR International Stories festival and competition and the VRTO Virtual & Augmented Reality World Conference & Expo – the largest in Canada in 2017.
VRTO puts on public-facing events in undercovered areas of the market; in 2015 this included:
- VAR showcase at Ryerson University‘s LaunchZone – Ontario’s largest ever virtual and augmented reality showcase
- Camp Wavelength on Toronto Island – over 150 demos were served to artists and music lovers at one of the summer’s top-rated music festivals
- FIVARS – Festival of International Virtual and Augmented Reality Stories – three venues including Metro Hall Rotunda, UG3 Live and Cadillac Lounge – over 23 projects from 12 countries, 2 sold out 8-hour days, and 2 free community outreach days served over 1000 demo to the public
- Meetups about Spatialized Audio, Business of VR, photogrammetry
- FIVARS 2016 at the 5000 square foot MSMU warehouse and sponsored by Jaunt and DEEP Inc. featuring 3 sold out days and over 350 visitors
- The Inaugural VRTO World Conference and Expo at Mattamy Centre (formerly Maple Leaf Gardens)
- FIVARS at Camp Wavelength on Toronto Island
- CNE Innovation Garage
- VRTO World Conference & Expo at Ryerson’s Rogers Communications Centre featuring 100 speakers and 65+ Exhibitors and Installations
- FIVARS at ideaCity
- FIVARS special presentation on Spatialized Narrative at UploadLA
- FIVARS 2017 at House of VR