- This event has passed.
SIRT presents: Business of VR/AR
February 27, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm EST
Sheridan Screen Industries Research and Training Centre (SIRT) Presents:
Business of VR/AR for Screen-Based Industries
Please join CASO (Computer Animation Studios of Ontario) with SIRT for a full day of active sharing of learning, hands-on with test materials, content solutions and potential business partners, (including company testing booths), along with several panels on business development and commercial research opportunities.
Discussion subject areas would include:
- Critical importance of partnering/collaboration; how to work with the ecosystem
- Full VR/AR workflow, and where to identify a need for a partner
- Technology funding and market delivery
- Live interactive demos of current VR and AR technologies/tools and content creation experiences (e.g. Ontario’s BRIO software, a unique drag and drop, cloud-based VR platform to create, present and share interactive VR experiences);
- Showcase of SIRT library of VR/AR research and demonstrations;
- In-depth spatial VR Audio demonstration and discussion;
- Augmented Reality business opportunities.
CASO is a non-partisan, not-for-profit industry association committed to supporting Ontario’s animation and visual effects industry, through advocacy, professional development, and marketing initiatives.
CASO members’ tickets are complimentary: non-Members $24 per ticket – Registration is mandatory: Click here to register
Event listings are free (write to events at virtualreality dot to) if provided within 2 weeks of the event. Rush listings may be added for a nominal $20 fee.
URL for Venue
URL for organizer (where applicable)
URL for event
Cost of Event
Blurb up to 300 words.
Image where applicable.